1. When Mahatma Gandhi said “My Life is my message,” it was because he understood the power of sight. When people see you do something that impacts their lives positively, they’re already inspired, even before you to talk to them about that same thing. And when you talk, they will be willing to listen.
2. Bruce Lee said, “time means a lot to me because you see, I, too, am also a learner and am often lost in the joy of forever developing and simplifying. If you love life, don’t waste time, for time is what life is made up of.” So whatever you must do, start doing it. Refuse to bow any longer to Procrastination.
3. Marcus Aurelius said, “very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking.”
We actually are made up of what we think. And whatever we think, is what happens to us. I am a living example of this. When I think about something with so much intensity, within a week or two, it happens. So when negative thoughts come to me with such intensity, I pray hard, to cancel it so it doesn’t happen. You NEED TO GUARD YOUR THOUGHTS.
4. “It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.” Andre Gide. I remember back in primary school, there was this crazy girl gang that everyone wanted to be a part of.
Actually, to make them consider me, I spent my entire snack money buying biscuits, sweet and ice cream for them. And then I was accepted for only a week because I couldn’t join them in their bullying activity. Lol. They didn’t think I was fit to be part of the gang. That’s when I decided to leave them alone and be by myself.
Fast forward to some years later. Now in Junior secondary, I had my own girl gang. But unlike the other gang, we were a good girl gang even the teachers loved. That was the first time I started to consider being me, instead of being what something else just to please others. And since then, I have not looked back.
5. Susan Sontag said, “do stuff. Be clenched, curious. Not waiting for inspiration’s shove or society’s kiss on your forehead. Pay attention. It’s all about paying attention. Attention is vitality. It connects you with others. It makes you eager. Stay eager.”
You don’t need anyone’s approval to be what you want to be. Pay attention instead, to your inner passion and then work towards connecting with people who share the same passion. They are the ones that will understand you better and help you achieve your passion.
6. “I tell you, in this world, being a little crazy helps to keep you sane.” Zsa Zsa Gabor. Being crazy doesn’t mean you should run mad. It means you should be different. it means you should not let society’s fears and opinions hold you back. It means you should go out of your way to get things done.
7. “What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you.” Ralph Waldo Emerson. This quote is the most real quote you can ever come across.
Stop thinking someone out there will help you get things done. Stop thinking someone out there can make you fail. Stop thinking someone out there can kill you, because in the end, what lies in you determines if you will succeed or fail. Look within. Grow from within. Acknowledge everything you ever want, from within, and you will succeed.
8. “Anyone who lives within their mean suffers from a lack of imagination.” Oscar Wilde. This doesn’t mean you should spend money carelessly. It means that since you can afford to prepare rice and stew, you can equally afford, with the same money to prepare jollof rice. It’s the same meal, the same ingredient, but creativity gives you a better meal.
So if you can afford to buy a house, you can equally afford to make that house beautiful and very comfortable. Instead of making a well, you make a swimming pool. Instead of planting a few flowers, you make a flower garden. Instead of selling men shoes, you can as well sell shoe polish, shoelaces etc, in a creative way. Being creative is what differentiates you from others. It is what makes your life. better.
9. “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.” Ludwig Jacobowski. Often times, when bad things happen to us, we’re sad. But in the long run, we start to see that bad thing as the motivating force behind our success, in our chosen endeavor. It is always hard at first. But remember to smile.
10. Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma, which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. Steve Jobs
11. The woman who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The woman who walks alone is likely to find herself in places no one has been before. Albert Einstein.
This is a fact. My walk alone has taken me further than when I was with the crowd, and it has brought me in contact with wonderful people who walked alone and made it to the places I’ve been. I plan to continue in this walk.
12. The one thing that you have that nobody else has is you. Your voice, your mind, your story, your vision. So write and draw and build and play and dance and live as only you can. Neil Gaiman.
Even in business, there’s only one you. And it is your Unique story, voice, and vision, that will help sell your business or personal brand, more quickly. Never make the mistake of taking on someone else’s voice. It wouldn’t get you far.
13. Walt Disney said, “All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.” And Winston Churchill said, “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.
I’m not where I want to be. But I AM hundreds of miles away from where I was. Out of about 15 people I started blogging with, only two of us remain. And we keep growing bigger and better. we’ve had our victories, we’ve had our failures. But we keep going. What has been our secret? Courage. Determination, Passion and most importantly, Consistency.
14. Marcus Aurelius said, “When you arise in the morning think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive, to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.
The mornings are the start of either a great day or a bad day. It mostly depends on you, what you perceive the day would be like and how you go about your activities for the day. Most importantly, if you think intensely, of the day as a great one, it will be. If you commit it into God’s hands, even before you start, it will be great, if you declare your affirmations every morning, they will work for you.
We have a lot to be thankful for, because as long as there’s life, air to breath, health, the opportunity to think creatively and positively, to enjoy your surroundings and even to love, then there is hope, there is the success, and there is the joy.
Have a Blessed Sunday, everyone. And a wonderful week ahead.