Exactly as the title says, the year shouldn’t end without you reading these interesting books; FICTION AND NON-FICTION. Seriously. As long as what you’re looking for is something to stimulate your creative thinking, captivate your mind, and teach you real-life lessons.
I can go on an on. But, I’ll just let you take a look at these teasers.
- Trapped; The Underworld: Jason Motom is a wealthy man in his early thirties. He has the body of a model and the life of a very famous celebrity. He is a man who loves flashy cars with multiple functions and as such, he became the proud manufacturer and distributor of the Motom H series; cars named after him. Jason enjoyed riches and great fame for years.
However, six years into his car manufacturing business, and just when he is about releasing a new and superb model of the Motom H series into the market, problem struck. Jason suddenly slept and woke up to a surprise he never expected. His body is taken and so is his life and everything that belongs to him.
He is suddenly trapped in an underworld; a place where thousands of other souls are trapped. There, he learns about the body snatchers and how they go about deceiving people into signing deals. The deal is simple; riches for your body. So many unsuspecting victims had fallen into the trap; many more are still falling.
In the face of his unfortunate circumstance, Jason makes friends with other displaced souls who are willing to war against the evil that has taken their bodies; they want to take back all that has been stolen from them. Most importantly, they need to put a complete end to the existence of body snatchers. Will they succeed? Or will they fail? Get the book and find out here.
- ODI – The Tale Of Two Kingdoms: They say the Crescent Moon, from time immemorial, has been the symbol of the birth of new leaders and even new ages. It also tells us of the birth of our new relationships, creative efforts, businesses and more in our personal lives. Being the queen of Southern Odi, she died to escape from captivity. But she was re-born to save her people from destruction. Odi is a speculative fiction story set in pre-colonial Africa. Believe me, you will love it. Get the book here.
- Naked Secret: The story starts with Esther Moyede, or should I say Naomi Oviera, seeking revenge for the death of her parents. She plots her revenge and soon embarks on a mission to see it done. The question, however, is this. “Is she targeting the right culprits? Or is she being used by the real enemy? Get the book here
- ABDUCTION CHRONICLES; Abduction Chronicles by Folarin Philip Banigbe, is quite an interesting book to read. If you’re a thriller person, you’ll definitely enjoy this. Abduction Chronicles is about a man who was kidnapped in the middle of the night by armed men, and taken to the Niger Delta Creeks. However, the kidnappers realize, the kidnapped is way more than they can handle. It’s a fast-paced read that you wouldn’t drop until you’re done. Get the book here. Thank me later.
- CHILDREN OF BLOOD AND BONE; If you enjoy reading epic historical fantasies and plots laced with West African culture and magic, then you’re on the right track. Written by Tomi Adeyemi, this is a book about the protagonist Zelie Adebola, whose mother, along with other tribesmen and women, was killed by the orders of a ruthless monarch. Their magic is taken away from them too. But when Zelie is given a chance to bring back magic and throw out the crown prince, who is fighting hard to eradicate magic totally and keep her tribe buried, she takes on the challenge. And she will not stop until it is done. Get the book here.
- BOSS UP!; Chika Ike did some serious boss work on this book; giving us the formula for success based on her personal experiences. It talks about overcoming life’s major obstacles and confronting our fears, love, money, self-esteem etc. This book is loaded and absolutely a must-read. Get the book here.
- CAKES & CAKE DECORATING; Holla! Cake makers and cake lovers, well this is absolutely a must-read for bakers or those who love to bake. I know you’re wondering why I added a cake book. So here it is/. I added this to the collection because Christmas and New Year are right around the corner. And the ‘do it yourself’ baking secrets in this book will definitely help you create the most tasteful cakes during the festive period. Written by Angela Nilson, this book will add more professional skills to your baking, with over 600 pictures that depict a step by step process. Get the here
PS: Have you read Strange Man at Iri? Read it here