Have you ever thought about how to make homemade Moisturizers For Natural Hair?
The fact is that sweating helps a lot in getting rid of dirt and clogs in our pores. So when you enter a season where you hardly sweat due to the cold, there is a 70% chance your skin will keep dirt and your pores will remain clogged.
The weather, cold or hot, doesn’t only affect the skin, it also does a chunk of damage to your hair which could lead to dryness and cutting. Fortunately, it can be managed well, and you can do it yourself by masking with good moisturizers for natural hair.
So I took my time to list 12 effective hair masks moisturizers for natural hair that are simple to make by using natural ingredients only. Please see them below.
1. Avocado and Peppermint Hair Mask
A mixture of avocado, olive oil, and honey is a proven way to lock moisture in your hair. Now add peppermint tea to the mixture, as this helps to stimulate your scalp. Avocado and peppermint mask helps to moisturize damaged or dry hair.
This mixture can also be used in the hot weather
Benefits of Avocado and Peppermint Hair Mask
- It is a simple and natural way of repairing the damage caused by heat and humidity to our hair.
- It is rich in antioxidants, minerals, essential fatty acids, biotin, vitamin A and E, which all promotes hair growth.
- It can moisturize, strengthen and repair the hair.
2. Shea and Aloe Butter Mask
This is a mixture of shea butter and aloe vera. When they are mixed together the impact is very strong. It strengthens your hair, moisturizes your hair, and also helps in hydrating the skin on your scalp. Shea butter is a moisturizer on its own. When added with aloe vera it becomes a softer gel that serves as a creamy moisturizer or styling product.
Benefits of Shea and Aloe Butter Mask
- The mixture is very good for moisturizing dry hair.
3. Raw Egg and Olive Oil Mask Moisturizers For Natural Hair
This mixture is a really easy and affordable way to give your hair a good deep treatment. Raw egg and olive oil are not just good for the body but also a very good hair supplement.
Benefits of Raw Egg and Olive Oil
– It protects the hair from damage and breakage
- – It is a very good moisturizer
- – It shines and softens the hair
- – It also increases hair growth and reduces dandruff.
4. Yoghurt Hair Mask
Yoghurt is a protein-packed ingredient that acts as a great hair moisturizer. It is known to soften hair texture when applied.
Benefits of Yogurt Hair Mask
- It helps strengthen the hair shaft which prevents hair loss
- It keeps the hair hydrated and helps clear away dead skin cells
- Yoghurt has a lot of nutrients that prevent loss of hair and protect against grey hair.
5. Banana and Almond Oil Mask Moisturizers For Natural Hair
Banana is a very good hair supplement adding to the fact that it is edible. It softens and protects the locks.
Almond oil serves as a moisturizer and gives the hair a smooth feel and look.
Benefits of Banana and Almond Oil
- Banana and almond oil is an effective hair and scalp treatment
- They improve the shine, prevent and control dandruff in the hair
- They help prevent split end and breakage
- It also helps repair dry and sun-damaged hair.
6. Pumpkin and Honey Mask
Pumpkin mixed with honey serves as a hair moisturizer. It is mixed together and applied into the hair, leave in for 15 minutes, and rinse off.
Benefits of Pumpkin and Honey
- It helps stimulate hair growth and nourishment.
- It supplies moisture for the hair and cures hair loss
7. Beer and Banana Mask Moisturizers For Natural Hair
Beer and banana are a natural volumizer that possesses the properties that make the hair full. They help in nourishing the hair and giving it shine.
Benefits of Beer and Banana Mask
- The Proteins supplement helps repair damaged hair and restores its structure.
- It stimulates hair growth.
- It helps hair become stronger.
- It enhances natural shine by tightening hair cuticles.
8. Avocado Oil, Mayonnaise, and Honey
This mixture is often used to protect hair from damage. It is also used to rejuvenate dry hair. It improves hair and scalp health.
Benefits of Avocado Oil, Mayonnaise, and Honey Mask
- It makes the hair less frizzy from excessive dryness.
- It makes the hair stronger and protects the hair colour.
- It increases the growth of the hair.
- It is a natural lice treatment for your hair.
9. Aloe and Coconut Oil Mask
The hair gets damaged due to chemical treatments and environmental exposure. This is one of the best ways to nourish the hair. Aloe vera and coconut oil have certain properties that can help give you healthy hair. This mask can help improve the appearance of your hair.
Benefits of Aloe and coconut mask
- It reduces protein loss in the hair
- It penetrates the hair shaft which makes it easier for the hair to absorb the properties and reduce scalp irritation
- It helps replenish moisture to protect the hair from dryness
- It is good for dry and curly hairs as it strengthens the hair.
10. Hot Oil Hair Treatment
Hot oil treatment is beneficial for people that have dry, brittle, frizzy hair. The oil helps to protect the hair from damage and can serve as a moisturizer. It is best for natural hair. The best oils to use for this are jojoba and almond oil because they can be absorbed easily and give a moisturizing consistency.
Benefits of Hot Oil Hair Treatment
- It helps protect and moisturize the hair
- It increases the strength and dryness of the hair
- It also increases blood flow in the hair scalp which help promote healthy hair growth.
11. Coconut Oil and Honey Mask
This mixture is used on damaged or dry hair.
Benefits of Coconut Oil and Honey
- This mask is a very good penetrator. It has the ability to penetrate deep into the hair and repair the scalp.
- It gives the hair a shiny look
- It gives your hair a silky, soft, and glossy look
12. Milk and Honey Hair Mask
This protein mixture contains lactic acid that moisturizes the hair, strengthens the hair, and removes dead skin cells from the hair. If you are looking for an easy way to soften your hair, milk and honey mask is the right recipe. Honey is a natural conditioner and softener for hair. It gives moisture to the hair thereby making it look healthy.
Benefits of Milk and Honey Hair Mask
- It helps restore the strength and softness of the hair.
- It is good for dry and damaged hair
PS: Have any questions? Or would you like to add more moisturizers for natural hair recipes to the list? Let’s discuss in the comments.
Also Read: 18 Lovely Hairstyles For Short Natural Hair