Have you ever thought about the benefits of carrot oil and how to use it
So, I shared the below screenshots on how to make your own carrot oil from @Tspices_kitchen on my social handles and a lot of people have been asking about the benefits of carrot oil. So I decided to put this together for you. See the article below the photos.
The benefits of carrot oil were very much unknown until a few years back. And since then, beauty experts, skincare therapists and production brands have used it in several ways.
This is because carrot has antibacterial and healing powers which makes it very effective and capable of hydrating the dry skin, the scalp, and hair.
Carrot oil can also be used for diluting essential oils before applying to the skin. Hence, it is a carrier oil. It’s also got moisturizing properties hence it is used in skincare products aimed at moisturizing dry skin.
It softens skin tissues and is very effective for treating eczema and other skin problems.
Also Read: 12 Homemade Moisturizers For Natural Hair
Benefits of Carrot Oil
Carrot oil contains a lot of benefits that are very important for the body which includes the skin and hair.
The general importance of carrot oil is:
1. It is used as an Anti-fungal: Carrot oil contains strong Anti-fungal components due to the presence of carotene sesquiterpenes carotol, daucol, and beta-caryophyllene.
2. It is a skin anti-oxidant: It contains a high level of vitamin A, fat-soluble vitamin E, carotenoids and other powerful anti-oxidant. This helps to protect the skin by rejuvenating its properties.
3. Used as a perfume ingredient: carrot seed oil is concentrated with a very sweet scent used with other scents to produce various perfumes.
4. It is a strong nutraceutical product due to its various health benefits. It helps protect the body against diseases and Illness.
Benefits of Carrot Oil for Hair
Carrot oil contains essential vitamins like Vitamin A and E which have huge benefits on the hair. They help to grow the hair, strengthen the hair, prevent hair loss, makes the hair smooth, soft, and shiny and It helps in promoting hair growth. It strengthens the roots of the hair and protects it against sunlight.
How to Use Carrot Oil For Hair
1. Carrot Oil Hair Mask: A mixture of carrot oil and some essential healthy ingredients for hair, like banana, curd, and olive oil, can help add moisture to the hair and nourish the scalp. This hair mask promotes the growth of hair, prevents hair from getting brittle, and gives you shiny hair.
- – Peel the banana and cut it to small pieces.
- – Grate the carrot to shreds
- – Add some olive oil and curd and blend a little
- – Make sure the paste is not too smooth.
- – Apply the hair mask on the hair, from the roots to the length of the hair.
- – Leave it for 30 minutes and wash off with mild shampoo.
2. Carrot Oil Hair Conditioner: Carrot oil can also be used as a hair conditioner that helps nourish and moisturize the hair. Simply heat up a half cup of carrot oil in a bowl and massage it into your scalp and hair. Apply a good moisturizer conditioner on the hair afterwards. Cover your hair with a shower cap for 30 minutes. Wash off with mild soap or shampoo.
3. Carrot Oil Pre-Shampoo: This mixture instantly makes your hair soft and relaxed. Simply mix carrot oil and olive oil. Heat them up together in a bowl for 5 minutes. Add curd. Apply on your hair for 30 minutes and wash off with mild soap or shampoo. Apply leave-in conditioner afterwards.
Benefits of Carrot Oil for Massage.
Amongst all other benefits. Carrot oil improves the health of your hair when used on a regular basis.
Below are steps for how to massage your hair with carrot oil.
- Boil half cup of carrot oil
- Apply the oil to the hair and scalp when it is lukewarm
- Massage the hair gently in a circular motion
- Do this for 15 to 20 minutes. This will ensure that the oil penetrates the hair and scalp
- Then cover the hair with a shower cap and leave in for 30 minutes. This helps the hair absorb the oil and also prevents the oil from dripping
- Wash the hair with shampoo.
Using carrot oil has many benefits on the hair, with just a few easy procedures in using carrot oil, you can achieve having soft and nourished hair.
Benefits of Carrot Oil on the Skin
Carrot oil also has a lot of benefits on the skin. It can be used for skin lightening, skin rejuvenation, wrinkle prevention amongst others. Carrot oil adds moisture to the skin surface and gives antioxidant protection to the skin. Carrot seed and carrot root oil are helpful in preventing wrinkles and stretch marks on the skin. It also helps improve the skin and prevent skin damage.
See more below
1. It is a skin rejuvenator. Using carrot oil regularly on the skin helps improve skin health. The carotol content in the carrot oil helps rejuvenate dull skin and makes it brighter and healthier. This can be achieved by applying the carrot oil on the face every night to help heal the skin.
2. It makes wrinkles on the face smoothen out. Carrot oil has anti-ageing effects on the skin. This helps keep the skin smooth by providing moisture to the skin and also prevents the skin from damage.
3. It serves as a sebum regulator. Sebum is natural oil produced by the skin to help maintain the natural condition of the skin. Using carrot oil on the skin helps to control the sebum production in the skin cells. Too much or less sebum production in the skin leads to skin damage and early ageing of the skin.
4. It is good for skin lightening. Carrot oil combined with lemon helps in skin lightening. The carrot oil tightens and tones the skin, thereby improving skin complexion and removing dark layers of skin caused by sunburn or environmental pollution.
Benefits of Carrot Oil for Tanning
If you love to tan or maintain your dark skin, carrot oil has what it takes. The oil has a natural tan-accelerating property known as L-Tyrosine. L-Tyrosine is an amino acid which promotes the production of melanin in the skin when it is exposed to UV rays of the sun. It helps give you an even tanned skin colour.
This is done while protecting your skin from damages caused by UV rays.
Also, beta carotene, which is present in carrot oil, gives some bronze hue to the skin.
How to Use Carrot Oil on the Skin?
Carrot oil is used in several ways for the skin.
1. Carrot oils mixed/made with olive oil or coconut oil, can be applied directly to the skin before bedtime. When a person is asleep, the skin heals and repairs itself mostly at night. It helps to heal the skin, aids dry skin, prevents fine lines and wrinkles.
2. Carrot oil is also used as a shampoo. This shampoo can be made with carrot oil, milk, and honey. Applying this wash on the skin before taking your bath helps to smoothen and moisturize the skin
3. Carrot oil can be used in the form of a lotion. It can be applied all over the body at night to help moisturize the skin
Carrot oil might be highly effective to the hair and skin, but there are some things you should note about the oil.
1. Carrot oil can not be used by pregnant women. They should avoid use as it is bad for both mother and child.
2. People who suffer from conditions like asthma or epilepsy should avoid the use of Carrot oil.
3. Avoid over usage of the oil. Carrot oil when overused can cause side effects like headaches and vomiting.
4. Carrot oil when applied alone can give an orange tint or shade to your skin (tannin). If you’re not interested in tanning, Ensure to mix the oil with a carrier oil like coconut oil, before applying to avoid this.
5. If you’re not interested in tanning, avoid sunlight after applying the carrot seed oil. Make sure your body is fully covered if you must go out in the sun
6. If you have very sensitive skin, always do a skin patch test before using this carrot oil for your body. This helps to check for possible irritation.
7. Carrot oil should be applied in little quantities and always mix it with a carrier oil to prevent any sort of irritation in the skin or hair.
PS: The procedure for making carrot oil as shared at the beginning of this post, makes it already mixed with coconut oil. So sure, it is safe to use.
Have questions or comments? Feel free to drop them below. I’ll respond.
Also Read: 10 Health Benefits of Lemongrass Tea