Dry skin solution is one of the most commonly searched skin problems on Google. And although it is often temporary, in that it occurs during harmattan/winter, some dry skins are lifelong conditions. Dry skin can also be as a result of your age, health, environment, and time spent outdoors.
How Do You Know You Have a Dry Skin?
Dry skin is noticeable when you have the following signs.
- Skin tightness after bathing or swimming
- Rough looking
- Scaling, cracking and peeling
- Gray or ashy skin
- Deep cracks that bleed sometimes
Dry skin as a health condition is uncomfortable. The skin is portrayed with scaling, itching and cracking. Dry skin affects any part of the body. But it mostly is visible on the hands, arms and legs. Excessive dryness can cause eczema, redness, cracking and inflammation. It can also cause infections when bacteria enter into the cracked skin.
Doctors may recommend certain dry skin solution for you depending on the cause of your dry skin. However, changing your lifestyle/routine for dry skin can help you reduce the dryness of your skin. These lifestyle changes include;
1. Reduce the use of hot water to bath. Use lukewarm water instead
Bathing with hot water regularly will do more damage to your dry skin by encouraging cracks and soreness.
2. Reduce Regular Bathing
Another dry skin solution is that, where possible, take your bath once every day, especially on days you do not sweat. If you must bathe regularly, don’t exceed doing it twice a day. But I will advice washing only your face and genitals, and dry-cleaning your body before bed. This way, you wouldn’t be disturbing your skin too much.
3. Use moisturizing soap when bathing
Do not use harsh soap to bathe. There are good soaps you can use. Joy, Lux, and Eva soap, are examples of soaps that help keep your skin moisturized. Please avoid black soap because they are usually harsh.
4. Do not exfoliate more than once a week.
While it is good to remove dead skin layers from your body, it is not wise to overdo it as it will result in more problems for your already dry skin. Ensure you only exfoliate once a week.
5. Use moisturizer immediately after bathing.
Apply a good moisturizing cream after bathing. This helps to work on making your skin tender while you go about your day’s activities. This is very important. You can try HSM body cream. Discuss your skin issues with the lady and she’ll recommend the best product to do the job.
6. Use a soft towel to pat, do not rub, your wet skin dry after bathing
Avoid rubbing the towel on your skin after bathing. This is because, at this time, your skin is wet, soft, and can easily peel. Use soft absorbant towels to dab at your skin instead. Or let the water dry on you, if you’re not in a hurry.
7. Do not scratch or scrub your skin
Try as much as possible to avoid scratching. Instead, rub or pat. When bathing, use soft hand towels or use just your hands. Do not use a sponge.
9. Eat lots of fruits and drink plenty of water
Fruits and plenty of water do a lot to help the skin glow. This dry skin solution slows down the ageing process and repairs damaged tissues. It helps the skin and even the hair to stay healthy. Do not eat fruits once a week. Eat it as regularly as possible. I would advise you eat it daily. Drink plenty of water daily too.
Best Skincare Product For Dry Skin Solution and How To Apply Them.
1. La Milee Honey Mask Oil
- This dry skin solution helps remove blackhead
- The ingredients nourish the face
- It can be used for deep cleaning and removing acne
- This honey mask is anti sensitive, it keeps face smoother and tender.
How to Use
- Firstly clean your face with warm water
- Apply a little amount of honey mask oil and rub on the face evenly
- After 15 – 20 minutes, the nutrients have been absorbed.
- Peel the mask off from chin to forehead. You might feel a little pain when peeling the mask off, it is normal
- Use once a week.
2. Efero Aleo Exfoliating Foot Mask
It improves the rough skin problems on your foot thereby making it delicate and smooth.
- You may need 3-5 pairs the first time. You cannot use one pair twice
- Wear for 35-90 minutes and clean your foot
- After using Efero foot mask, the foot may dry or harden, do not worry about this.
- You can not use this product for children, expecting mothers, lactating women, diabetic patients, wounded feet and sensitive skin.
- Nourishing and Effective
- It exfoliates and moisturize the skin
- It repairs, hydrates and smoothens the skin
3. Polysymbety Body Cream Skin Care
Products can be used for:
- This dry skin solution is for fungal infection
- Genital Itching
How to use:
- Apply Polysymbety Body Cream Skin Care On affected area 2-3 times a day.
4. VIBRANT GLAMOUR
- Pigmentation Corrector
- Repair Scar and Acne gel, face cream
- This dry skin solution removes stretch marks and bruises
- Hyaluronic acid serum which boosts the skin’s hydration and enhancement.
5. LA MILEE Milk and Honey Hand Wax Moisturizer (Dry Skin Solution)
- Shrinking pore,
- Anti Winkles, etc.
- Milk + Honey
- Step1. Apply it to your hands, especially for fingers evenly.
- Step2. Wait for about 15-20 minutes for it to form a mask.
- Step3. Take off the hand wax mask.
Hand wax dry skin solution needs about 20 minutes to form a mask. You have two ways to make the wax form mask faster.
- Use a hairdryer
- Use a fan to make your hand cool.
6. PF79 Skin Care
- 6 different types of facial mask with 6 different kinds of fresh fruit essence.
- Rich in vitamin E and collagen.
- Breathable fruit and vegetable fibre
- Shea Butter/Mangosteen:Hydrating and Moisturizing Face Skin
- Blueberry: Creating Tender Skin
- Pomegranate/Kiwi Fruit: Improving Skin Dryness Problem
- Aloe: Soothing and Repairing Skin
- Use once a day for better results
- It is a perfect dry skin solution
- Pigmentation Corrector
- Acne Treatment
Have something to add, or a question to ask? Let’s discuss in the comments.
Disclaimer: This article contains affiliate links. If you purchase a product using these links, I’ll get a small commission at no extra cost to you.