Juice fasting is a detox diet that involves taking fruit and vegetable juice for a short period. Juice fasting can be 3 to 10 days and it’s done to lose weight and detoxify the body.
Raw juices are rich in alkaline elements which are important in normalizing acid-alkaline balance in the blood and tissues. Juice from fruits and vegetables do not require digestion; all the vital nutrients go straight to the bloodstream.
Many individuals have confirmed that taking orange juice while experiencing severe malaria, had helped to bring down temperatures and restore their body to some level of normalcy.
While malaria needs treatment, juice fasting can help is flushing the system too and keeping the body normal. If it can do this, imagine what more you can gain from engaging in juice fasting to have a total clean up of your system.
Juice fasting is also called juice cleanse. For it to be effective, it is important to know how to go about it.
Here are a few things to know before you start a juice fasting.
1. The first thing you should know is that juicing is different from blending. To get the benefit of juice fasting, you should juice instead of blend.
Juicing is the process of squeezing the juices from fresh fruits and vegetables without adding the pulp, while blending involves mixing all the edible parts of fruits and vegetables, including the pulp.
2. Choose the right time or period to juice fast. Remember you are detoxifying and if you are doing a juice fast for the first time, your body is going to react especially in the first three days. These days are the most difficult because the body is getting rid of toxins. Start your juice fasting on a weekend (Friday or Saturday) when you will be able to focus on yourself more and watch how your body reacts to the juice fasting.
3. Reduce your intake of coffee, alcohol, sugar, or cigarettes days to when your juice fasting will begin. These will help your body react to the juice fasting better.
4. You will need a juicer and your fruits and vegetables for the juice fasting.
5. After completing the juice fasting, eat raw diets; mainly vegetables, fruits, or nuts in portions until your body adjusts and reacts systematically.
The following are important benefits of juice fasting
1: A juice fasting diet is made from fruits and vegetables that contain vitamins and minerals that help to boost the body’s overall health.
2. Juices are rich in anti-inflammatory properties that help boost the immune system of the body.
3. It flushes toxins out of the body.
4. It improves directions by giving the body healthy enzymes that make the gut work efficiently
5. Juice fasting helps in weight loss.
6. Juice fasting helps to control your appetite and this helps the body cleanse itself.
7. It helps to speed up the healing process of injuries.
Here are ways juice fasting helps to heal the body
1. The Digestive System Gets A Break: Juice cleansing allows the digestive system to rest, juices do not need much digestion as their nutrients go directly into the bloodstream
2. Your Gut and Liver Gets Repaired: Many processed foods are full of saturated fats, refined carbs, additives, and pesticides, and added to the medications we take, have a lot of toxic elements that are harmful to the intestines and liver. Organic juice fasting will give your liver rest from these toxic elements and keep the intestine toxic-free thereby allowing food to assimilate quickly through the intestine.
3. Healthy Diet/Appetite: Juice fasting eliminates the habit of eating too much, it makes you comfortable and satisfied with eating less food. It gives you a mental boost that will help you change your eating habit and always put your body in check after you eat too much bad food.
4. Your Body Is Filled With Nutrition: Fruits and vegetables contain vitamins and minerals which are very important for the body. They also contain phytonutrients which are powerhouses for healing processes. Taking organic juice would get these nutrients that are vital to health into the body.
5. Your Body Energizes, Detoxifies, and Rehydrates: Juice fasting does amazing work on the body. A rich juice cleanse gives you more energy than any caffeine products. Secondly, juice cleanse can boost your mood by rehydrating your body making it function properly. It also helps to detoxify our body system by removing toxins stored in the body for a very long time. It is a natural body cleanser.
6. It Heals Your Cells: Juice cleansing helps the body cells to do their work in creating energy and fighting infections.
Cleaning up our body system will help our DNA work properly thereby making us feel better and less sick.
These are some of the amazing ways juice fasting can heal your body. However it is not for everyone to try, people who are pregnant, underweight, diabetic, or have heart conditions are advised not to juice fast.