What is a Brand Story
Your brand story focuses on you/your target customers, or your business. It focuses on where you come from, where you’ve been, where you are, why you’re there and why you believe being where you are now will help solve the particular problem your audience need a solution to.
This particular information gets people easily drawn to your business, products/or services. They can relate with you and your story as it addresses what has been disturbing them. It makes them feel they can buy from you because you’re not just another robot sitting behind a mobile device or laptop, trying to scam innocent online users out of their hard-earned money.
Your story rings a bell in their heart, and before you know it, you will find your followers telling your story to their friends and family members.
I write Brand Stories for your business to aid sales and growth: A Brand story is a story or write-up built around your business in a way that connects with the pains, emotions, happiness or well being of your target audience. It focuses on what your business offers, why it is offering it and how it offers it, therefore helping you engage your audience, and make sales.
A brand story isn’t only for big businesses. Small business owners such as yourself need a brand story, if you want to sincerely connect with the right audience, want to be taken seriously, and want to see growth.
There are 3 major aspects of branding. But I only focus on one. The message and positioning.
Writing a brand story for your business entails:
– Determine your Business’ core values
– What are your strategic goals?
– How does your product/service differ from the competition’s?
– Who is your target market?
– Who does that target market look up to?
– Interview SMEs owners and content producers (staff)
– Send out surveys to your email list/clients for feedback
– Test various styles to see which one can be consistently applied
– Create the first draft of brand voice guidelines
– Draft a style guide as needed
– Request feedback from a few test users, as well as company head
– Implement feedback on the process again until I have a final draft
– Show the clients how to implement the new guidelines everywhere
– Train their employees to use the guidelines
– Ensure that there are review processes in place
Is the content meeting the strategic goals?
What improvements and tweaks can be made to the brand voice?
Are the guidelines being implemented?
Cost of writing Your Brand Story
- Solopreneur: N30,000
- Small business: 50,000
- Mid-size business: 70,000
- Large business: N50,000 – N250,000
- Multi-national corporations: N500,000